So you are getting to know the power of Flutter and wants to get your hands dirty. But you wonder where to begin, what is the very first step to learning flutter.
Am I right?
I can understand you, the last thing you should do is, to begin with, tutorials that go over your head. You want crystal clear tutorials that will help you understand most of the flutter with less time.
You see, when I come to know about Flutter, it instantly grabbed my attention. It felt like this is the thing I was waiting for. It is cross-platform, open-source, and supported by Google. What else do I need?
I scheduled my time and thought to deep dive into a flutter. And then the time came where I asked myself “How should I learn flutter quickly and easily?”. I begun the research, signed up for multiple Udemy courses. And after some trial and error finally learned the flutter and made apps.
And in this article, I shared 3 best resources out of my research that helped me, guided me, and handed me the keys to flutter mastery. I am not yet the master but I am in the process to get mastery at flutter.
so let’s begin,
3 best resources to learn Flutter that you need to bookmark
1. Flutter Documentation:
Unlike any other SDK’s or framework’s documentation, Flutter’s documentation is one of the best and organized. They even show a few examples with best practices.
- Flutter Cookbook
- This cookbook is an interactive guide that shares recipes of various features form animations to adding a drawer.
- More than 20 flutter app samples to learn from
- Widget Catalog:
- Complete list of available widgets with its uses cases
Even if you daily go through a few pages of documentation, you will be ahead of 90% of flutter developers withing a month or two.
So head over to there documentation homepage and learn flutter with ease. Press here to open Flutter docs
2. Flutter’s youtube channel:
Fun, Humor, and knowledge bomb are the words to explain their official flutter channel. The guys over it do a wonderful job at teaching you flutter with ease. You feel like home and family when they speak and work on the projects.
Their flutter channel has a different playlist like,
- Widget Of the Week
- In it, every week, they explain one widget (Everything in flutter is widget)
- The boring show
- This is one of my favorites, you get to see how developers of flutter work on flutter projects.
- You also learn that mistakes happen by everyone and developer’s at Google also stuck at code problems.
- Do not watch but observe this show. You will learn a mile just by observing them.
- And lot more
- There are many more playlists like conferences, live, developer stories, etc on their channel. Do check it out.
Now let’s move on to one of the best organized and explained course on Flutter. This course alone helped me understand 80% of all there is to in the Flutter to learn.
The course name is,
3. Angela Yu’s The Complete Flutter Development Bootcamp with Dart
This is THE course for you if you want to master the flutter. Angela takes you from zero to hero in the Flutter. I wouldn’t be writing about flutter or making apps in the flutter if I had not completed Angela’s course.
The course is filled with more than 26 hours of power-packed content. You will learn all basic to advance concepts inside of course in easy to digest manner. If you are a beginner or has a little to no idea of Flutter, then this course is for you.
Here are the things I like
- She builds you up:
- The course begins at a very basic level and step by step you grasp each new thing
- No rush or hurry:
- All the lessons are taught with ease. There was no hurriedness in her teaching.
- Basics + Advance
- You start with basics and moves up to advance stuff.
- From what is Scaffold to how to fetch images and decode JSON, she teaches you all.
- Multiple apps:
- By the end of the course, you would have developed a few apps while teaching.
- Apps like Bitcoin tracker, Xylophone, Todo tasks to name a few apps you learn to make inside of the course
- Natural teacher:
- She teaches almost effortlessly.
- Her voice is so soothing and she breaks down complex concepts into simpler words like no one.
Things I dislike:
There is nothing in the course to dislike, however, it is 80% of the flutter If Angela can add things like RxDart and advance state management topics then this course will be the complete package.
However, that should not dilute the point that the concepts and things you learn in this course are enough to help you make any type of the course.
Oh, I almost forgot this course is also made with the collaboration with Google Flutter team.
If you want to sign up for this course then feel free to click here. This is my affiliate link and I might get some commission for recommending you, and it also offers you a 90% discount.
I still use these 3 ways frequently to quickly brush up my flutter concepts. There are 100s of other resources available on the internet that teaches you flutter apps development but these are the three primary ways I used to learn flutter.
With that, I will leave it up to you to decide what you gonna do. All the best.