So by now, you have heard of blogging, you know a lot of people are earning a full-time income with blogging, and you may be planning to start your own blog. but you might be wondering what the best blogging niches to start are? What niches would bring you great profitable results? Is blogging still worthwhile in 2019 and going forward?
If you have got any of above questions or simply want to explore some of the popular blogging niches, then you are the right place, in this post, I will share with you 7 evergreen best blogging niches which were profitable, which are profitable, and which will be profitable for the next 10 years.
Now before I share with you a list, let’s get our basics straight.
What is a niche?
According to Oxford, Niche is an adjective that means “denoting or relating to products, services, or interests that appeal to a small, specialized section of the population.”. In other words, a niche is a topic that has an active audience looking for something that can satisfy their urge, impulses, improve their life, or help them understand more about it.
For example, Health is a broad topic, but “how to lose weight with keto diet” is a niche.
Why do you need a niche?
Okay so you know what niche is, but why do you need to select a niche for blogging?
That’s a good question, and if you want to really create a massive movement behind any cause be it election campaign or online business, then you need to have true raving fans that support you to death. Your business can’t sustain long enough if you can not hold the people you attract.
Say if you have a blog where you write on everything and anything like food, health, wrestling, gym, SEO, freelancing, etc and if tomorrow someone lands on your site who is looking for more information regarding how to get six-pack abs, then do you think after going through your random content he will trust you with the information? Or do you think after he reads your only article on “gym exercise” will make him come back to your blog again? Nope.
That is why you need to have a niche for your website so that you can write on ONE topic at a time so that the visitor will want to come back to your site daily to find more information about that topic.
Now you know what niche is and why do you need one. Let’s check out what are the common traits all the best blogging niches have in.
All best blogging niches have the following things in common:
- Huge Raving fans
- So you can build a large email list
- You get people who want to come back for more
- Lots of organic traffic every month
- The higher intent audience finds your blog via search engines like Google and bing
- Hint: inside of below list, I have shared with you some top example sites from given niche along with their traffic numbers
- Visitors have higher purchasing power
- So you can sell your course, products,
- Or you can get good RPM for ads
- or you can do affiliate marketing
- Things that can never be stopped learning about
- If you have a niche which can be perfected in a day, then this could not get you raving fans as it is a one-time thing
- but things like cooking, photography, golf will always need learning lessons one day or another
- So you can stay in business for years to come
And the cool thing? The following top niches that I curated for you has all of the above elements in them. So feel free to select one out of them. Plus I have also included the traffic each example website gets quaterly using SImilarWeb.com.
Here’s the list of 7 Best Blogging Niches That Are Profitable (And Will Always Be)
1. Food & Diets
Majority of us love food. We simply can’t stop talking or eating our loved food. Be it street food, homemade, or seasonal. If you love cooking or you love eating new foods, then you could build your blog around recipes. Or you can travel to various restaurants and do reviews of their food or interview their chefs.
Coming to diets, people are getting more and more health-conscious and wants to maintain their physiques. So, as a result, lots of people search for help regarding diets. You can build your blog around a particular diet type or set of diet type like Paleo, Vegan, Keto, etc.
You can start your blog around:
- A blog where you do top 10 foods from various parts of your country
- A blog where you share kids friendly recipes to mamma
- A blog where you interview top chefs and try to reveal their best secrets
Here are existing top sites with traffic numbers in Food & Diet Niche
- AllRecipes.com (Quarterly 220+ Million Visits)
- BettyCrocker.com (Quarterly 27 Million Visits)
- Delish.com(Quarterly 84 million visits)
- Healthline.com (Quarterly 587 Million Visits)
- GoodHouseKeeping.com (Quarterly 79 Million Visits)
2. Make Money Online
Tell me a person who doesn’t want to earn money? Everyone would love to do it. And chances are you are also starting a blog to make money one day or another. That is why its no surprise that make money only is an evergreen niche. And which is there from the start of the internet.
Here are some ideas around which you can build your blog around
- Affiliate marketing
- Digital marketing services like SEO, FB Ads, Funnel Building, etc
- Interviews of people who are earning a full-time income
- Copywriting hacks
- Freelancing tips and strategies (like mine)
And here are the popular sites to make money online niche:
- Neilpatel.com (Quarterly 17 Million)
- goodfinancialcents.com (Quarterly 3 Million)
- RyRob.com (Quarterly 1.8 Million)
- moneyunder30.com (Quarterly 8.5 Million)
- backlinko.com (Quarterly 2.4 Million)
3. Dating And Relationship advice
People want to find their soulmates, and what if they struggle to do so? They turn online for tips. Its easier to ask your silly to intelligent questions on how to get a girl or guy online than going out in public and asking your friend or relatives. Need for this will always be there.
Same applies to relationship advice, if your relationship is falling, the first thing you would want to do is to get an opinion from an online expert who has been through a similar situation rather than asking your friend who has no clue.
Here are some niche ideas:
- Dating ideas for single men
- Relationship advise for parents
- A dating guide for businessmen
- A dating guide for nice boys
You can get a creative with this blog as people keep searching for a blog that most resonate with who they are.
These are some of the famous and most visited sites on dating and relationship advice:
- pairedlife.com (Quaterly 13 Million)
- theartofcharm.com (Quarterly 2.9 Million)
- luvze.com (Quarterly 9 Million)
- lovepanky.com (Quaterly 11 Million)
- yourtango.com (Quaterly 45 Million)
There is a huge demand for various type of photography like wild, portrait, journalism, sports, ariel, etc. This is also a skill which people would always want to improve no matter the level they reach.
So if you are passionate about photography, then you can consider making a blog on topics like:
- Tutorials on types of photography you do
- How to guides on camera angles, go pros, etc
- Digital photography
Here are some of the popular photography blogs
- expertphotography.com (Quarterly 3.8 million)
- mymodernmet.com (Quarterly 12.7 Million)
- photographylife.com (Quaterly 4 Million)
- creativelive.com (Quaterly 3.3 Million)
- outdoorphotographer.com (Quaterly 200k)
5. Travel and Lifestyle
Travel bloggers are quite famous these days. If you love going out and explore new places, then you might consider doing travel blogging where you can share your experiences of places. You can also share with your audience how to travel on a budget or how to learn a native foreign language effortlessly.
You can also make a lifestyle blog around a particular type of audience like pregnant wives, new moms, college students, etc. You can share cool life hacks to improve their life or make it more exciting and fun.
Some more ideas:
- A blog on solo traveling
- A Girl traveler blog
- Traveling and working
- Travel with family tips
- Lifestyle how-tos
Here are some top Travel and lifestyle blogs:
- migrationology.com (1 Million)
- one-week-in.com (2.3 Million)
- danflyingsolo.com (190k)
- expertvagabond.com (1.2 million)
- ytravelblog.com (1.9 Million)
6. Entertainment (gossip and reviews)
When I used to watch Game Of Thrones, after every episode, I would go to youtube and watch review by “Emergency Awesome” to watch whats his though on this week’s episode. And I would again visit the channel to watch his another video on GoT next day. It was like a routine. The reason? I felt part of the community, and that guy spoke what I felt.
And this happens with everyone, we love validation and hearing other people speak what we felt about a particular movie, TV Show, or web series means we feel good and part of the CULTure.
It is ingrained in us to do gossip or listen to other people’s opinion. So having a blog on movie reviews or latest gossip creates a cult following in itself where a visitor comes back frequently.
Here are some ideas:
- A blog on the latest celebrities gossip
- A fan club blog of X celebrity
- Reviews or uncensored review of web series or TV Shows
And the top Blogs
- eonline.com (122 Million)
- denofgeek.com (24.9 Million)
- screenrant.com (112 Million)
- hollywoodreporter.com (69 Million)
- ew.com (57 Million)
7. Kids and parenting
This is the last niche in my best blogging niches list, but it is not the least one. Being a parent is not an easy task, and new parents need a lot of help in understanding how to grow kids properly or how to be best parents, etc. Just check out the below quaterly visit each top site get to appreciate its vast potential.
Here are some ideas:
- A blog for new parents
- A blog for second-time parents
- A blog for work from home parents
- A blog for single parents
Here are top blogs
- parents.com (34 Million)
- babycenter.com (131 Million)
- whattoexpect.com (36 Million)
- thebump.com (22 Million)
- momjunction.com (25 Million)
That’s the 7 best blogging niches for you to choose from. In the end, I believe that every niche has great potential, and it is less of having a perfect niche than of persisting with your blogging and caring for your readers. Remember, you do not need millions of visits to your site to earn a full-time income. All you need is a few thousand raving fans who would buy anything that you recommends. 🙂
So go ahead, select your niche, and become the best blogger in the world. All the best. And if you have any questions or want to suggest more best blogging niches then comment below. Plus it would be of great help if you can take a moment to share, repin, or tweet this post.